When shopping for a printer, you may come across terms that are unfamiliar. Despite the dozens of models you can find available, it’s good to know going into the process what the differences between laser and inkjet are.
There are a few pros and cons about laser and inkjet printers and we would like to share a few with you to hopefully help you in making the right decision.
Laser Printer pros:
- Laser printers are faster than inkjet printers so for offices that print in high volumes, laser printers are a good fit.
- Laser printers create beautiful text. If you mainly print text documents, laser is the way to go.
- Although the ink is expensive, laser printers can print more sheets than inkjet cartridges.
Laser Printer cons:
- Laser printers take more time to warm up than inkjet printers.
- Costs upfront are usually more.
- Laser printers are usually bigger and bulkier, although you can sometimes find more compact models.
Inkjet Printer pros:
- Inkjets are superior when it comes to graphics and photo documents.
- Inkjet are less expensive than laser printers.
- Inkjets are smaller and more suited for home offices.
Inkjet Printer cons:
- Ink is expensive and runs out quickly.
- Inkjets aren’t as fast as laser printers.
- Low volume paper trays.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to both laser and inkjet printers. Call us for more guidance on this important decision.